While there’s a lot of washing going on in your kitchen sink, you should still take special care of its own cleanliness. Food particles that remain and build up in the sink and drain can give off nasty odors, so regular maintenance is of vital importance.
If you live in Westlake you can count on professionals that offer comprehensive house cleaning services to solve these issues and take care of your kitchen. Whether you’re hiring professionals or dealing with it on your own, it’s good to know how to keep your sink fresh and clean. Take a look at these tips and tricks and do it like a pro.
What is the proper way to clean a sink?
For the proper hygiene of the entire kitchen, it’s important to tackle critical spots such as countertops and the sink. As for the latter, take the following actions and it will be fresh in no time.
Sanitize the sink
Before you start, make sure you remove all dish racks, dirty dishes or leftover food from your sink. You can give it a swift pre‐rinse to make sure there aren’t any crumbs left. Once the area is clear, you can move on to scrubbing. However, the proper way to do it depends on the material, so follow the one that fits yours.
- Stainless steel. Coat the entire surface with baking soda using a sponge dampened with hot water and a bit of dish soap. Keep scrubbing until you’ve removed grime and scum. Rinse with clear water and dry with a microfiber cloth.
- White sink. This material is very susceptible to staining. Go over the entire surface with a wet cloth, then sprinkle with baking soda and finally add a couple of drops of hydrogen. Scrub with brush or sponge and rinse with clear water.
- Porcelain. You can apply the same method as for white sinks. However, rust is a bit more stubborn on this material. To keep the finish pearly, sprinkle a bit of salt onto one half of a lemon and scrub the rusty spot until it’s clean again. Rinse with clear water and dry with a microfiber cloth.
Wipe the faucets
A bit of soapy water is all you need to wipe down your faucet. However, if there’s limescale buildup on it, just add one spoon of white vinegar to the mix. Use a brush or sponge to wipe it down and a spare toothbrush for any areas that are hard to reach. Rinse and dry with a soft cloth.
Take care of the drain and disposal
Keeping your drain and disposal fresh and free of food particles is the final step in ensuring there are no bad odors coming from your kitchen. Here’s how to deal with both of these.
- Drain. You’ll need one cup of baking soda and two cups of vinegar. First, put the baking soda into the drain, then slowly pour vinegar. Wait for at least 15 minutes, then use boiling hot water to wash it away. This method also works great for unclogging.
- Disposal. Fill your disposal with a couple of lemon slices, 1 tablespoon of salt and about one cup of ice cubes. Run the cold water and start the disposal until all the ice is gone.
What reliable companies in Westlake offer comprehensive house cleaning services?
If you’ve had enough of dealing with your hardwood floors or removing limescale from your tiles, Yorleny’s Cleaning Service is the right company for you. We boast highly trained professionals and modern methods which ensure our clients are always happy and satisfied. Take your family for an exciting tour of the Lion Country Safari while our experts take care of your home. For a free and honest estimate, call us now!