Thoroughly cleaning the home before moving out is a common practice among tenants. Aside from being a respectable thing to do (you shouldn’t leave the property dirtier than it was when you initially moved in), a Royal Palm Beach move out cleaning also makes it harder for your ex-landlord to hold onto your security deposit.
But how is a move out cleaning different from standard cleaning, and what exactly does it include? How long does a typical move out cleaning take? Should you perform it yourself, or is it a better idea to outsource it to a cleaning service? Read on!
How do you deep clean an apartment before moving out?
Unless you have a background in the cleaning industry, or you’re willing to devote a few days to cleaning, it’s best to have a professional cleaning company take care of your move out and move in cleaning needs.
This is because most rental contracts signed between tenants and landlords require the tenant to leave the property in the same (presumably ideal) condition it was in when the agreement was signed. In other words, the property needs to be given an extensive cleaning that people who are in the process of moving usually don’t have the time and energy for.
During a typical move out cleaning, you should:
- Mop floors
- Remove cobwebs
- Clean light switches and door knobs
- Clean backsplash and countertops
- Dust and wipe the laundry room
- Clean and dry sink counters
- Clean the fronts of all cabinets, sills, and handles
- Clean and polish hood vents
- Clean large appliances (washing machine, dishwasher, fridge, etc.)
- Dust and wipe the doors
- Dust shelves
- Clean tables and chairs
- Shine chrome
- Clean ceiling fans and light fixtures
- Throw out the trash
- Vacuum floors and floor coverings
- Clean window ledges
- Dust baseboards
- Clean entrance glass doors
- Clean the exterior and interior of the microwave
- Clean the stove (top, front, control panels, burners)
- Dust window ledges and blinds
- Scrub and clean sinks
- Wipe cabinets
- Clean mirrors
- Scrub and clean toilets, bathtubs, and showers
- Polish wood furniture
- Polish stainless steel surfaces
Move out cleanings may also include:
- Cleaning inside the windows
- Cleaning inside the oven
- Cleaning inside the fridge
- Cleaning inside cabinets
- Cleaning the walls
- Doing the laundry
How much time does a move out cleaning take?
As with all types of cleaning, the time it takes can vary depending on the property itself, what condition it’s in, and who’s cleaning it.
Consider the following:
- How dirty it is. An extremely messy house will naturally take longer to clean than one that’s been cleaned regularly.
- How big it is. The bigger the property is, the longer it’s going to take to clean.
- Presence of pets. Animal hair tends to get into all sorts of nooks and crannies, and having to locate and remove all of it can drastically prolong a cleaning.
- How experienced the cleaners are. Professional cleaners who perform dozens of cleaning each week are inevitably going to clean a property faster than the average person.
Where can I schedule a quality Royal Palm Beach move out cleaning?
As if moving wasn’t stressful enough on its own, having to also worry about the COVID-19 crisis on top of everything else can make the entire situation utterly unbearable. The good news is, you don’t have to do everything on your own!
Yorleny’s Cleaning Service specializes in providing the full range of residential and vacation rental cleaning services to Royal Palm Beach residents. By leaving your move out and move in cleanings to the pros, you’ll be getting both the superb cleaning and the free time you need to focus on your move or simply relax at the Bobbie Jo Lauter Park with your family. Call us today!