When you think about clean floors, mopping comes to mind first and it is a great way to keep the dirt away. While it may seem like a very simple thing to do, there are specific rules you should follow for efficient mopping.
Whether you’re considering hiring one of the professional house cleaning services in Lake Worth to get your hard floors properly cleaned or you’re about to do it yourself, make sure to take a look at the following tips. Read on to bring your mopping to the next level.
Does mopping actually clean?
Mopping does clean, but it’s crucial to choose a mop that will actually do its job. The best option is a mop with microfiber grip strips since these are best at lifting the dirt from your floors. Also, make sure your wringer is powerful because excess water on your mop will only move the dirt around. If you have these two points checked, you know you have the right tools to start mopping.
What should I put in my mop water?
You can put almost any type of cleaner in your mop water, but be careful about the type of your floors. In most cases, mild dish soap is the perfect solution. You can add 1 or 2 tablespoons to a gallon of warm water but, if your floor is waxed, the water should be tepid. This kind of solution is effective in lifting the dirt and degreasing your floors.
Another great option is a white vinegar solution. The best ratio is ½ cup of vinegar per gallon of water. This works excellent on more heavily soiled floors. However, this solution should not be used if your floors are made of natural stone.
How do you properly mop a floor?
If you want to be sure your floors have been mopped properly, there are several steps you should follow. They go as follows:
- Vacuum or sweep. The first thing to do is remove large particles such as hair and grit. Sweeping works fine, but vacuuming picks up all the dust and dirt and makes your mopping easier.
- Get the bucket. Pour the warm (or tepid) water in your bucket and add the chosen cleaning agent. Be careful not to put too much detergent since it can leave a residue on your floors.
- Go the right way. To avoid stepping on the floor you’ve just mopped, start from the corner farthest from your room’s entrance, then make your way back to the door. As you go, make sure to follow the “S” motion.
- Rinse the mop. After you’ve made a couple of passes, dip the mop in your mopping water again and wring it well to continue. If you’re using a flat mop, you should turn it regularly. Otherwise, the soil will redeposit onto your floors.
- Rinse the floor or let it air dry. Depending on the cleaning solution you’ve used, you should mop your floor with clean water (for soapy detergents) or open the windows and let it air dry (for all‐purpose cleaners or vinegar solution).
What company offers reliable house cleaning services in Lake Worth?
If you’re not sure whether you’re vacuuming the right way, or if you can make your dusting better, Yorleny’s Cleaning Service is the right company for you! As one of the best cleaning companies in Lake Worth, we offer extensive services and take excellent care of our customers. So, instead of getting down to cleaning, spend a refreshing day at the John Prince Memorial Park while our professional cleaners make your home sparkling clean. Call now!